Fajita Freedom Bowl is an easy pick and mix recipe for the family table or as below add the separate bits into each bowl. Swap out chicken for steak or even vegetables such as courgette (with garlic and mint) or cauliflower (with turmeric and cumin) if you like.
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 chicken breasts, cut into 1cm strips
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
Optional: 1 tsp chili flakes
2 peppers (yellow and red), sliced
2 red onions, 1 diced and 1 sliced
1 tin red kidney beans
1 tin corn
2 avocados, chopped
4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
½ cup fresh coriander chopped
1 cup natural yoghurt
juice of 2 limes
1. Cover chicken strips in the olive oil, paprika, cumin and chilli flakes if using. Cook in a hot pan or grill for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Put to the side.
2. Add to the same pan the red peppers and sliced red onion to grill for 2-3 minutes.
3. Drain and rinse beans and corn. Mix together adding in dash of olive oil, squeeze of lime and ½ of the diced red onion.
4. Mix the other ½ of the diced red onion and a dash of olive oil and a squeeze of lime to the chopped tomatoes for a basic salsa.
5. Arrange in the bowls the chicken, pepper and onion, beans and corn, avocado and salsa to serve with lime, yoghurt and coriander.
For a high-energy meal add rice and put it all in a wrap if you must, my kids demand it!